Time to Read: 1m 35s
Flex Circuits Provide Optimized Electric ConnectionsFlex Circuits are tight tolerance circuit options that can be adapted to fit a variety of spaces and environments. The shape of these circuits can be easily modified for utilization in both flat assemblies as well as in multidimensional designs. A flex circuit can replace a traditional hardboard in a product design to provide substantial space savings while ensuring robust flexibility for long life. Flex circuits also provide high tolerance to vibrations that allows for increased reliability in most applications.
Flex Circuit Manufacturers
- Alpha Assembly Solutions offers a robust portfolio of high-performance materials and flexible printed circuit boards for a wide range of industry segments.
- Minco manufactures Flex Circuits, flexible heaters, temperature sensors and components for critical applications across a global market. Decades of industry design and manufacturing experience ensures that this company has the capacity to fulfill your flex circuit needs.
Types of Flex CircuitsTo ensure the best interconnection for your product or process, flex circuits can be manufactured in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles, including: Single-layer, Double-layer, Multilayer High Density Integrated (HDI), Rigid-flex, Flex-Coils™, and other custom integrated solutions.
Benefits of Flex CircuitsFlex Circuits allow for a high level of reliability through:
- Resistance to harsh environment
- Installation repeatability
- Convenient access for maintenance
- Tolerance for vibrations or acceleration
- Extended duty cycles
- Effective rate of heat dissipation
- Reduced possibility of human error in the assembly process
- Reduced space needs compared to hardboards, cables and connectors
- Minimal contributions to overall product weight
- Streamlined appearance for improved internal aesthetics
- High levels of flexibility
- Simplifying system design, thus limiting the use of engineering design resources
- Allowing for pre-assembly testing, thus reducing repair and replacement needs
- Elimination of the need to solder